By visiting www.themicrobladestore.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to our practices as set out in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Microblade Store of 28 Granby Road, Mile End, Stockport, SK2 6ET.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.themicrobladestore.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, submitting reviews, subscribing for our newsletter or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM YOU
- We may also collect and analyse information about your computer, including where available your IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; operating system and browser type, purchase history, products you viewed or searched for, which we use for system administration purposes as well as reporting aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To protect you and us against fraud.
- To develop and improve the services and products we offer.
- To assess your dealings with us, including purchasing preferences.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To automatically register you so you have the option to shop online.
We may also permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to. If you do not want us to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- employed by us to perform functions on our behalf such as, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing unwanted information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing services and processing payments.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Microblade Store or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use or our Terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Microblade Store, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and the prevention or detection of crime.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- It is never our intention to send unwanted emails. If you no longer wish to receive our marketing emails you can unsubscribe using the link located in the footer of our email.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. All access requests should be sent in writing to: Data Protection Officer, The Microblade Store, 28 Granby Road, Mile End, Stockport, SK2 6ET